Sunday, May 25, 2008

Welcome to Arkansas!

After three days of driving, crossing five states and 1300+ miles, I finally arrived in Bentonville, Arkansas to begin my internship.

(Yep! I'm a dork and I stopped at the border to take a picture. ) Checking in on Friday afternoon was a breeze and then I spent the rest of the day getting settled into my apartment.

Saturday, my mom and I spent the day seeing the sites in Bentonville. A trip to the hometown of Wal-mart wouldn't be complete without a visit to Mr. Sam's (that is what Sam Walton is called around the Home Office) original 5-10 store in downtown B-town. It was actually pretty cool to see the evolution of the world's largest company.

(The matching outfit was unintentional)

Geneva, my partner in crime during P&P and field study this semester is interning at FedEx Freight just 100 miles away in Harrison, AR. She make the trek down on Saturday night for a little visit and to check out the U of Arkansas ward on Sunday. After church, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a look around the campus. One of the coolest things is the "Senior Walk." Every name of every graduate since 1876 is carved on the sidewalk that warps around the whole campus. Pretty dang cool.

Geneva and I also liked this replica of an statue of a statue in Florence, Italy Il Porcellino The pig actually has water coming out of his mouth. We couldn't resist!


And again...a visit to the U of Arkansas would not be complete without seeing Razorback Stadium in all its glory. It truly is ginormous. It seats an astounding 76,000!! Take that, LaVell Edwards Stadium!

Wow! It's huge! Can you tell how amazed we are!!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh! I miss you guys!

Erin said...

What a fun adventure! Sounds like a nice place to be.

RobisonWells said...

So, who is taking the pictures?

Jules said...

My imaginary boyfriend Sasha!

Actually is was my mom. She drove out with me and stayed a few extra days...so she was our photographer! :)